The blogging industry, which started as a small community, has now blossomed into a booming marketplace. Bloggers are no longer just consumers and small time writers with a hobby, they are brands and small business professionals. Just like professionals in any other industry, bloggers are always looking for ways to grow their blogs and brands, network with other bloggers and become even better at what they do.
Where do they go to do this? Blogging conferences!
Over the years, blogging conferences have become increasingly popular. Bloggers are packing up their business cards and media kits and heading all over the globe for the love of their craft. These conferences are not only a great place for bloggers to mix and mingle with one another, but also to get in front of brands they want to work with and really show what they’re mad of. It isn’t uncommon for bloggers to leave these conferences with fresh ideas for contents and a few collaborations or sponsorships underway.
There are blogging conferences popping up all over, but here are six that I feel are worth checking out:
- When: May 19 – 25, 2014
- Where: New York City
- What: NYC Internet Week celebrates the creative entrepreneur and the ever growing tech community in the city. Media, innovators and creatives alike can get together to brainstorm and review what’s next for the tech community.
- When: May 31, 2014
- Where: United Kingdom
- What: Cybher is one of the UK’s largest and most anticipated events for bloggers. From eye-opening sessions to inspirational and successful guest speakers, Cybher helps bloggers and influencers reach their next level.
- When: Multiple Dates
- Where: Multiple Locations
- What: Blogacademy is a two day world-wide workshop for bloggers looking to grow their presence and following online. Run by three incredibly well-known and successful bloggers – Gala Darling (Gala Darling), Kat Williams (Rock n Roll Bride) and Shauna Haider (Nubby Twiglet) – Blogacademy is great for any blogger looking to reach the next level in their online career.
- When: May 16-18, 2014
- Where: Redlands, CA
- What: An ideal getaway for food and recipe bloggers, Camp Blogaway is a two day bootcamp that teaches everything from SEO to understanding how to work with PR professionals. Registration fees include food and lodging. Sponsors of the retreat are also “campers,” giving bloggers a chance to mix and mingle with brands and reps in a comfortable setting.
- When: TBA
- Where: NYC
- For information on other ALT locations, visit their website.
- What: ALT was created to help build blogs and foster growth in businesses. Bringing together creative thinkers and business owners in one place allows both bloggers and sponsors to meet, mix and mingle together. ALT is a great way to grow current relationships with bloggers and sponsors, and make tons of new ones!
Alt for Everyone
- When: TBA
- Where: Online
- What: Alt for Everyone is the online version of the amazing Alt Summit Conferences. Classes are taught by your favorite talented bloggers, and are brought to you by fantastic sponsors you’ve been dying to meet. As an added perk, you’ll even receive a box of gifts — think of it as your conference goody bag — mailed right to your door.
Have you ever attended a blogging conference? Will you be adding any of these to your calendar? For information on registration costs and other fees for the conferences above, click the links to visit their websites!