It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Trees are up and decorated, the fireplace is burning, gingerbread houses are being made and your Christmas list is complete – well, almost. Struggling to find the perfect gift for the PR student in your life? Or are you a PR student looking to get yourself something fabulous and functional for the New Year? Well, look no further!
Here are five essential gifts that would be perfect for almost any public relations student:
1. AP Stylebook: The newest edition of course! Every student looking to land a career in the field of communication needs to stay up to date with AP Style. Costing anywhere from $13 to $20 ($25 for an online subscription), this book is an inexpensive must have for a PR student.
2. iPad or iPad mini: Does this even need an explanation?
3. Annual Subscriptions: PR Week and PR Daily rank among the best PR resources. Surprise the PR student in your life with an online subscription to one of these and they will love you forever.
4. PRSSA Membership: Becoming a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America opens many doors for a student looking to become a PR professional. PRSSA offers a key opportunity in the PR world – the opportunity to network with other PR students as well as professionals. PRSSA offers holuday discounts too!
5. Hector Serrano Digital Downtime Watch: For the social media obsessed PR student (hint, hint we all are), make sure to pick up this stylish and functional watch. This watch helps with time management by divvying up time spent on Facebook, Twitter and Gmail each day. Confused? This video explains how it works: http://www.hectorserrano.com/index.php?id=41&m=lab&grupo=downtimewatch#
Is there anything else on your list? Let us know!