Most people don’t know they want to go into the PR industry till they’re actually in it. If you’re like me you thought planning extravagant events and being the next Samantha Jones was all that the PR industry consisted of. Reality set in my freshman year when my predecessor and mentor, Niki Ianni, explained that PR has more aspects than one might think.
PR is a multi-faceted industry that is rapidly changing; even the definition of Public Relations has been up for debate due to its vastness. So do you think PR is right for you? An original quiz titled, “You Know You’re in PR When…” by PR Daily can give you a really good idea if the PR industry is right for you.
- You dream about headlines articles in your sleep
- You want to work 10 days a week
- You secretly hate it when emails aren’t in AP Style
- You get scolded for constantly collecting phone numbers, emails and random snippets of information when you’re out and about with friends
- You talk, a lot, about the communication teams for various politicians, and cite everything they are doing wrong.
You start analyzing people who are being interviewed by the media.
The word “spin” makes you cringe