With the ability to share information to their readers at the speed of light, fashion bloggers are now viewed as a commodity in the fashion world. In this day and age major fashion brands and magazines view fashion blogging as a necessity because it is now the bloggers that are cognizant of the latest trends. But it takes a lot of work to become a great fashion blogger.
Choose your style of blog! There are two types of fashion blogs: personalized and informational.
- Informational discusses upcoming trends from designers and on the runway.
- Personalized fashion blogs display the personal style of the blogger. Personal blogs tend to be a crowd favorite; because it shows people that you’re a regular human being, not just an internet cyborg.
Building your brand:
- Collect as many contacts as possible! At first this will not be easy but as your blog progresses and your number of viewers increase you will find that people will go out of their way to contact you.
- Make it your priority to bring as much attention to your blog as possible! Update your blog with the newest trends or reoccurring ones; your readers want to know what’s hot and what’s not.
- Get help! As your brand grows you will find yourself needing help to maintain it so find an assistant and a professional photographer to help you capture quality pictures.
- Consistently update the look of your blog so your readers will not get bored! Your content must be engaging and innovative; no one wants to hear about last years trends when new ones are popping up left and right.
- Establish your credibility: Always make sure to cite your sources! If you use images from fashion sites be sure to give credit. Responding to comments will keep conversations going, increase viewership, as well as exhibit yourself as passionate about what you do.
As is with most things, creating the perfect balance can be challenging, but it will pay off in the long run.
This guest blog was written by PRowl Public Relations staff member Jummy Temidayo.