Happy Social Good Day everyone!
Today marks the second annual Social Good Summit hosted by Mashable,92Y, and the UN Foundation. As public relations practitioners, we can use this opportunity to give back to the community. By utilizing our experience with social media, we can relay our message to various outlets. Today, some of the top non-profit foundations, including UNICEF and PBS, will come together to brainstorm on how to better the world through the use of social media and technology. There will also be an impressive speaker line-up including Jose Andres, Chief/Owner of ThinkFoodGroups, and Lance Armstrong, seven -time Tour de France winner and founder of LIVESTRONG. Some of the summit’s goals include:
• Bringing together a new dynamic community of leaders (and followers) — technologists, innovators, social entrepreneurs, bloggers, and more.
• Raising awareness for the global challenges to be addressed by the General Assembly during UN Week.
• Discovering, encouraging and showcasing new and innovative solutions to those global challenges.
• Igniting a conversation between a live audience and a world-wide audience via Livestream
• Connecting leaders already working in the social good space with technologists and other leaders who can collaborate and share best practices.
• Creating a sustainable thought-leadership forum that sparks important discussion and inspires new solutions.
So what social good can you do today? Can you find a way to feed a nation through Tweets? Or perhaps, better your non-profit organization. Listen here and be inspired to do something good through social media today!