As a last semester senior it is job search time! As I mail, email and submit resumes and cover letters left and right, I have been wondering if it is appropriate to follow up after sending a resume. So I took to the Internet to conduct some research on whether or not I should follow up with employers after I submit a resume.
- If you have a specific contact you submitted a resume to, then write your note to this person. If not, do not address your letter to anyone.
- Tell the person you submitted the resume and remind your contact when you submitted it and what position you are applying for.
- Express your interest in working at the company or organization. Briefly explain why you are interested and what skills would make you an ideal candidate.
- Ask if he or she needs any additional materials for your consideration and remind him or her how you can be contacted.
- Thank the contact for his or her consideration and remind the person how you can be contacted.