Whether in a full-time position or in an internship, there are a few things to keep in mind to keep your boss happy and be successful in the office.
In an article on WetFeet.com, William Speed Weed, Alex Lash and Constance Loizos discussed “30 Ways to Enrage the Boss.”
Here are my five favorite tips from the article:
1. Whenever you enter your boss’ office, always be prepared with a pen and paper to take note of any new assignments
2. Always read your e-mails again before clicking “send”
3. Hold your tongue in the elevator about business – you never know who may be listening
4. If you have to make a personal call, don’t change your tone – it will call more attention to the fact that you’re not doing work
5. Take a hint – if your boss doesn’t look up when you walk in the door, he/she is busy – go back later
To read the other 25 points of advice, click here.